For The Clock
* Rankings are as of 2/8/17
1. Men’s Hockey (last issue: 3) after a three goal first period, the PSU Men’s Hockey extended their winning streak to seven games after defeating Umass Dartmouth 6-3 last Saturday night. Quinn Carroll scored the game winning goal with less than a minute in the 3rd period while Thierry Messervier (Montreal, Que.) made a 40-save effort, improving his record to 6-3-1. The men’s team will travel to Framingham state on Saturday night.
2. Men’s Basketball (Last Issue: 1) A trio of Panthers combined for 63 points while shooting an impressive 23-of-33 (69.7%) from the floor to lead Plymouth State University to an 83-79 win over Eastern Connecticut State University. The Warriors led early 12-4, but with help from Senior Jack Preston (Nashua, NH) who finished with 24 points, the men’s team rallied back for the win.
3. Women’s Indoor Track and Field (Last Issue: UR) Last Saturday featured strong performances by the Plymouth State University women's track & field team at the Dartmouth College Indoor Classic. Sophomore Selena Baillargeon (Saranac Lake, N.Y.) was the top finisher for PSU by ranking 10th in the shotput with 11.87 meters. That mark made her second overall among little east competitors.
4. Men’s Indoor Track and Field (Last Issue: UR) on the men’s side of the Dartmouth College indoor classic, Warren Bartlett (Loudon, NH) and Sam Brunnette (Newport, VT) led the panthers for the second consecutive week in the mile run last Saturday. Both were ranked in the top 10 (Bartlett finished fourth while Brunnette earned sixth) during the meet.
1. Senior Michael Economos (Crystal Lake, Ill.) Men’s Hockey: after registering three points (1+2=3) in last week’s game against Umass Dartmouth, the senior captain of the Men’s ice Hockey team was selected as this week’s MASCAC player of the week.
2. Senior Ace Lawrence (Middletown, C.T.) Women’s Basketball: Lawrence became the 12th member of the 1,000 point club over winter break, scoring 21 points in a loss to Southern Maine January 21st.
3. Sophomore Mike Osgood (Nashua, N.H.) Men’s Basketball: Osgood registered 22 points and went 8 of 12 last Saturday against Eastern Connecticut State.
4. Sophomore Warren Bartlett (Loudon, NH) Men’s Track and field: Bartlett was one of the top finishers for the track and field team as he earned a 4th place finish with 4:19:67.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More theclockonline News Articles
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards