For The Clock
* Rankings are as of 2/8/17
1. Men’s Hockey (last issue: 3) after a three goal first period, the PSU Men’s Hockey extended their winning streak to seven games after defeating Umass Dartmouth 6-3 last Saturday night. Quinn Carroll scored the game winning goal with less than a minute in the 3rd period while Thierry Messervier (Montreal, Que.) made a 40-save effort, improving his record to 6-3-1. The men’s team will travel to Framingham state on Saturday night.
2. Men’s Basketball (Last Issue: 1) A trio of Panthers combined for 63 points while shooting an impressive 23-of-33 (69.7%) from the floor to lead Plymouth State University to an 83-79 win over Eastern Connecticut State University. The Warriors led early 12-4, but with help from Senior Jack Preston (Nashua, NH) who finished with 24 points, the men’s team rallied back for the win.
3. Women’s Indoor Track and Field (Last Issue: UR) Last Saturday featured strong performances by the Plymouth State University women's track & field team at the Dartmouth College Indoor Classic. Sophomore Selena Baillargeon (Saranac Lake, N.Y.) was the top finisher for PSU by ranking 10th in the shotput with 11.87 meters. That mark made her second overall among little east competitors.
4. Men’s Indoor Track and Field (Last Issue: UR) on the men’s side of the Dartmouth College indoor classic, Warren Bartlett (Loudon, NH) and Sam Brunnette (Newport, VT) led the panthers for the second consecutive week in the mile run last Saturday. Both were ranked in the top 10 (Bartlett finished fourth while Brunnette earned sixth) during the meet.
1. Senior Michael Economos (Crystal Lake, Ill.) Men’s Hockey: after registering three points (1+2=3) in last week’s game against Umass Dartmouth, the senior captain of the Men’s ice Hockey team was selected as this week’s MASCAC player of the week.
2. Senior Ace Lawrence (Middletown, C.T.) Women’s Basketball: Lawrence became the 12th member of the 1,000 point club over winter break, scoring 21 points in a loss to Southern Maine January 21st.
3. Sophomore Mike Osgood (Nashua, N.H.) Men’s Basketball: Osgood registered 22 points and went 8 of 12 last Saturday against Eastern Connecticut State.
4. Sophomore Warren Bartlett (Loudon, NH) Men’s Track and field: Bartlett was one of the top finishers for the track and field team as he earned a 4th place finish with 4:19:67.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More theclockonline News Articles
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program