For The Clock
"Logan” is a perfect ending to one of the most iconic figures in Marvel cinematic history. Not only is it the final film in the Wolverine stand-alone trilogy, but also Hugh Jackman’s final time playing the character because of his age and his skin cancer.
Based on Mark Millar’s graphic novel “Old Man Logan,” the movie is set in a dark version of the future where almost all mutants have been killed. Those who are alive are barely hanging on.
Professor Xavier (Patrick Stewart) is one of those mutants, because he is slowly going mad with a brain disease, which could be compared to Alzheimer’s, which had killed most of his X-Men students.
Aside from that, Logan’s healing factor is starting to wear off. Logan and the Professor think they are
the last mutants alive, until the two meet Laura. Laura is a young girl who has similar powers to Logan. She needs to get to a mutant amnesty near the Canadian border after a scientist who is creating mutants, but as killing machines. escaping from the evil Dr. Rice,
This is a big step from the original Wolverine movies, since most of the films were rated PG-13. After the success of last year’s box office hit “Deadpool” (along with some Hugh Jackman jokes) Fox decided to give this movie an R rating, due to the increased action, blood and violence sequences.
"Logan could be compared to a dark
family road trip movie."
Despite the action, blood and a large amount of profanity, “Logan” could be compared to a dark family road trip movie. Wolverine and Professor X are trying to help a little girl to a safe home, while avoiding a robotic-armed maniac and his evil group of henchmen.
It is fitting that after this movie, both Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman are retiring from the X-Men franchise. It is the best
way to go out for both fan favorite characters. But just an elder sibling warning: don’t bring the young ones to this Marvel Movie.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More theclockonline News Articles
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas