Early Struggles Doom Women's Hoops
PSU - 33 UM Boston - 65
Boston, Mass - The Plymouth State women's basketball team suffered a 65-33 loss to the Beacons of UMass Boston Monday evening. Continuing a recent theme, the Panther's found themselves in an early hole and were never able to recover.
The Beacons were led by the play of junior Andrea Suffredini, who paced all scorers with 20 points on 70% shooting to go along with eight assists and two rebounds. Also contributing was Kirsten Morrison who pitched in with 14 points and eight rebounds.
For the Panthers, junior Meghan Faretra led the way with seven points, while fellow junior Krystin Corliss chipped in six points, three assists, and three steals in the loss.
Just four minutes into the first half, UMass Boston held a 15-3 lead. Despite Plymouth's best efforts, the home team maintained a double-digit advantage throughout the remainder of the game. The panthers were just 4-for-26 shooting in the first half, and headed into the locker room shouldering a 29-10 deficit.
The Panthers would come out and play well in the second half, shooting 41 percent from the field. However, the strong play of Suffredini and Morrison aided the Beacons in coasting to the victory.
PSU has two remaining regular season games, and will play both at home. On Wednesday night the lady Panthers will host the University of Southern Maine, while UMass Boston will cap off their regular season slate on the road, beginning Wednesday at UMass Dartmouth.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program