Early Struggles Doom Women's Hoops
PSU - 33 UM Boston - 65
Boston, Mass - The Plymouth State women's basketball team suffered a 65-33 loss to the Beacons of UMass Boston Monday evening. Continuing a recent theme, the Panther's found themselves in an early hole and were never able to recover.
The Beacons were led by the play of junior Andrea Suffredini, who paced all scorers with 20 points on 70% shooting to go along with eight assists and two rebounds. Also contributing was Kirsten Morrison who pitched in with 14 points and eight rebounds.
For the Panthers, junior Meghan Faretra led the way with seven points, while fellow junior Krystin Corliss chipped in six points, three assists, and three steals in the loss.
Just four minutes into the first half, UMass Boston held a 15-3 lead. Despite Plymouth's best efforts, the home team maintained a double-digit advantage throughout the remainder of the game. The panthers were just 4-for-26 shooting in the first half, and headed into the locker room shouldering a 29-10 deficit.
The Panthers would come out and play well in the second half, shooting 41 percent from the field. However, the strong play of Suffredini and Morrison aided the Beacons in coasting to the victory.
PSU has two remaining regular season games, and will play both at home. On Wednesday night the lady Panthers will host the University of Southern Maine, while UMass Boston will cap off their regular season slate on the road, beginning Wednesday at UMass Dartmouth.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities