Early Struggles Doom Women's Hoops
PSU - 33 UM Boston - 65
Boston, Mass - The Plymouth State women's basketball team suffered a 65-33 loss to the Beacons of UMass Boston Monday evening. Continuing a recent theme, the Panther's found themselves in an early hole and were never able to recover.
The Beacons were led by the play of junior Andrea Suffredini, who paced all scorers with 20 points on 70% shooting to go along with eight assists and two rebounds. Also contributing was Kirsten Morrison who pitched in with 14 points and eight rebounds.
For the Panthers, junior Meghan Faretra led the way with seven points, while fellow junior Krystin Corliss chipped in six points, three assists, and three steals in the loss.
Just four minutes into the first half, UMass Boston held a 15-3 lead. Despite Plymouth's best efforts, the home team maintained a double-digit advantage throughout the remainder of the game. The panthers were just 4-for-26 shooting in the first half, and headed into the locker room shouldering a 29-10 deficit.
The Panthers would come out and play well in the second half, shooting 41 percent from the field. However, the strong play of Suffredini and Morrison aided the Beacons in coasting to the victory.
PSU has two remaining regular season games, and will play both at home. On Wednesday night the lady Panthers will host the University of Southern Maine, while UMass Boston will cap off their regular season slate on the road, beginning Wednesday at UMass Dartmouth.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Clock News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE CLOCK NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CLOCK NEWS
RECENT THE CLOCK CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses