Early Struggles Doom Women's Hoops
PSU - 33 UM Boston - 65
Boston, Mass - The Plymouth State women's basketball team suffered a 65-33 loss to the Beacons of UMass Boston Monday evening. Continuing a recent theme, the Panther's found themselves in an early hole and were never able to recover.
The Beacons were led by the play of junior Andrea Suffredini, who paced all scorers with 20 points on 70% shooting to go along with eight assists and two rebounds. Also contributing was Kirsten Morrison who pitched in with 14 points and eight rebounds.
For the Panthers, junior Meghan Faretra led the way with seven points, while fellow junior Krystin Corliss chipped in six points, three assists, and three steals in the loss.
Just four minutes into the first half, UMass Boston held a 15-3 lead. Despite Plymouth's best efforts, the home team maintained a double-digit advantage throughout the remainder of the game. The panthers were just 4-for-26 shooting in the first half, and headed into the locker room shouldering a 29-10 deficit.
The Panthers would come out and play well in the second half, shooting 41 percent from the field. However, the strong play of Suffredini and Morrison aided the Beacons in coasting to the victory.
PSU has two remaining regular season games, and will play both at home. On Wednesday night the lady Panthers will host the University of Southern Maine, while UMass Boston will cap off their regular season slate on the road, beginning Wednesday at UMass Dartmouth.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Good Dental Care: Make It Safe
- Gran promesa latina lanza línea de moda para el...
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
- Have Chronic Pain? Here's a Safer Alternative to Opioids
- Military Training Happens Virtually in Florida
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS
- beIN SPORTS ANNOUNCES 2016-17 CONFERENCE USA MEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
- GoFundMe to Award $100,000 in College Scholarships
- 5 Hacks for Back-to-College Planning with Amazon