Early Struggles Doom Women's Hoops
PSU - 33 UM Boston - 65
Boston, Mass - The Plymouth State women's basketball team suffered a 65-33 loss to the Beacons of UMass Boston Monday evening. Continuing a recent theme, the Panther's found themselves in an early hole and were never able to recover.
The Beacons were led by the play of junior Andrea Suffredini, who paced all scorers with 20 points on 70% shooting to go along with eight assists and two rebounds. Also contributing was Kirsten Morrison who pitched in with 14 points and eight rebounds.
For the Panthers, junior Meghan Faretra led the way with seven points, while fellow junior Krystin Corliss chipped in six points, three assists, and three steals in the loss.
Just four minutes into the first half, UMass Boston held a 15-3 lead. Despite Plymouth's best efforts, the home team maintained a double-digit advantage throughout the remainder of the game. The panthers were just 4-for-26 shooting in the first half, and headed into the locker room shouldering a 29-10 deficit.
The Panthers would come out and play well in the second half, shooting 41 percent from the field. However, the strong play of Suffredini and Morrison aided the Beacons in coasting to the victory.
PSU has two remaining regular season games, and will play both at home. On Wednesday night the lady Panthers will host the University of Southern Maine, while UMass Boston will cap off their regular season slate on the road, beginning Wednesday at UMass Dartmouth.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Do More With Less
- New Treatment for Undiagnosed Sports Injuries -- From...
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Entries Now Open for 7th Annual College Sports Media Awards
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending