For The Clock
Spring break is approaching fast with the last few weeks of school winding down. During this time of year many students travel near and far to enjoy their vacation from school. The student body is filled with a mixed and diverse ratio of students who will be traveling abroad or just staying in the states; or just their own state. It’s time for relaxation and rays.
Whether you’re an athlete or not there are some teams who don’t get to enjoy their spring break to the fullest like everyone else. Many have to stay on campus or still travel with their team to compete in their regular season. Some teams, like the Plymouth State baseball team, are traveling to Florida for a regular season tournament.
Other students will be traveling overseas for their spring recess. Junior, Tyler Pelletier, will be spending her spring break in Ireland. “I’ve always wanted to go. I want to explore the country’s immense history and visit Dublin city.” Spring break also offers student deals on airfare and travel deals that allow students to sight see more this time of year than any other times.
Pelletier continued, “ It’s a great opportunity that I’m really excited to take. Spring break can’t come soon enough.” Other students around campus are staying within their region and finding their own ways to enjoy their break with family, friends, or significant others.
Fellow junior Elana Studer is spending her vacation in Newport Rhode Island to visit the Newport Mansions. “ I used to go there all the time when I was little with my family, but I’m taking my boyfriend with me who’s never been before.” While hoping the weather is fine for her trip to the populated shores of Rhode Island, Studer commented, “ Even if people don’t travel for their break that doesn’t mean they can’t have fun.”
Whether you’re traveling near or far, this spring break will be a short time where the student body can recuperate after midterms. This marks the halfway point of the semester and for some, their last. If there are some students staying home, go outside and do something, make the most of your time while you can.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More theclockonline News Articles
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards