PSU Sports Wrap Up
PSU Sports Wrap Up
For The Clock
Plymouth State skiing was at the NCAA Championships at Cannon Mountain in Franconia, NH where the men placed 15th and the women 11th. Sophomore Freydis Einarsdottir (Gardabaer, Iceland) finished 19th out of 34 skiers in the women's Giant Slalom, completing her two runs in a time of 2:17.58.
Sophomore Sam Brunnette
(Newport, Vt./North Country Union) becomes the first Panther to qualify for the NCAA Track & Field Championships since the varsity program was reinstated two years ago. Brunnette was named the Little East Conference Indoor Track Athlete of the Year last week, and had an outstanding performance at last weekend's final qualifying meet at Tufts University. Brunnette finished second place in the 3,000 in a time of 8:20.92, which lowering his school record by more than 10 seconds. Brunnette will officially be the 10th seed in the 3,000 at the NCAAs. The NCAA Division III Indoor Championships will take place this Friday-Saturday, March 10-11 at the Al B. Carius Track at Res/Rec Center in Naperville, Illinois, hosted by North Central College.
Sophomore Joe Aumann (Hopatcong, N.J.) earned his first NCAA Championships berth with a third-place finish in the 125-pound weight class at last weekend's NCAA Northeast Regionals at Roger Wil- liams University. Aumann won four straight consolation matches, defeating freshman Peter Del Gallo of the University of Southern Maine in the third-place bout, 5-4. Aumann's career record is 48-20. And he is the first Panther to compete at the NCAA Championships since Mike Willey placed eighth for the Panthers in 2012. The NCAA Division III Wrestling Championships will take place March 10-11 at the La Crosse Center in La Crosse, Wisconsin, hosted by UW-La Crosse.
You can catch all the NCAA Championship action at http://www. ncaa.com/liveschedule
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More theclockonline News Articles
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards