Men’s Baseball vs. Black Cyan Magenta Yellow Women’s Lax 15 ￼￼￼Western Connecticut & Win’s First LEC Framingham State
Men’s Baseball vs. Western Connecticut & Framingham State
For The Clock
The men’s baseball team went 1-1 this past Saturday when they took on the Colonials of Western Connecticut State in a Little East Conference doubleheader. The Panthers then traveled to Rindge, NH on Monday where they secured a non-conference win against Framingham State.
Plymouth trailed 10-1 going into the sixth inning of the first game against Western Connecticut. Plymouth sophomores Josh Goulet (Nashua, NH), Ryan Richard (Berlin, N.H.) and juniors Mitch Sytulek (Raymond, NH), Cam Ruziak (Sterling, MA) surged a comeback in the sixth inning with four straight RBI hits. The Panthers took the lead when they put up several more runs in the seventh inning, led by a two- run single by junior Luke Mancini (Scotia, NY) and a three-run double by senior James Garnett (Newport, RI). Another run in the eighth inning by Sophomore Josh Goulet (Nashua, NH) gave Plymouth a 13-10 lead going into the ninth inning. Western Connecticut cut the lead to two runs in the ninth, but the panthers held off the Colonials and took a win in the first game of the day with a score of 13-11.
In the second game against Western Connecticut, Plymouth held the lead at 4-3 at the end of five innings. The Colonials fought back in the sixth inning scoring six runs. Western Connecticut scored three more runs in the seventh inning, giving them the lead 12-4 going into the ninth. Plymouth put up two more runs in a comeback attempt, but Western Connecticut struck out the last Plymouth batter and took the win with a final score of 12-6. After going 1-1 on Saturday, the Panthers traveled to Rindge, NH in a non-conference matchup
with Framingham state. The Rams had a hot start, scoring runs in four straight innings and taking a 9-3 lead. A two-run homer in the bottom of the fifth inning by junior Mitch Sytulek (Raymond, NH), and a homerun by Junior Nate Frederick (Worcester, MA) in the sixth was the beginning of Plymouth’s comeback. Senior Jarek Krajewski (Cranston, RI) had a two-run single in the seventh and then scored on a double to left field by Frederick. Five more panther runs in the eighth inning, including a two-run double by Freshman Ry an Boldwin (Manchester, NH) sealed the game for Plymouth as they went on to win with a final score of 14-9.
The win against Framingham State improves Plymouth’s overall record to 10-7 on the season. The Panthers go back on the road this coming Saturday at 12:00 p.m. to take on UMass Dartmouth in a Little East Conference doubleheader.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More theclockonline News Articles
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas