Women's Lax Win's First LEC
Women's Lax Win's First LEC
For The Clock
On Saturday, April 8, the Plymouth State Women’s Lacrosse team traveled to play for their first away LEC game against UMass Dartmouth. This game marked the team's first win in conference standings for their six game conference schedule.
During the first half, Plymouth came out fierce with three unanswered goals within the first five minutes. Goals were scored by Juniors Sam Sullivan, (Canton, MA) Sophia Guerriero (Essex, MA), and Sophomore Veronyca Daniels (Concord, NH).
Proceeding into the rest of the first half, UMass Scored two goals by Erin Kish, assisted by Leah Douty and Ellianna Stormwind on a free position shot. Plymouth ended the first with nine goals, two more from Sullivan, one assisted by Kaitlyn Wilder (Framingham, MA), one from Sophomore Kimmie Zuccaro (Townsend, MA) from another free position shot. Two goals by Wilder with one assisted by Sullivan and the other by Junior Megan Tingley (Natick, MA), who went on to score herself a goal to end the half assisted by Sullivan.
Starting the Second half, UMass scored the first goal 50 seconds into it by Erin Kish. Plymouth fired back with two goals by Zuccaro, one assisted by Tingley that was followed up two minutes and five seconds later with a goal by Wilder. Wilder scored a total of three goals in the second half, two assisted by Tingley.
UMass tried to recover with a goal by Kathryn Gibb assisted by Gabby Giangrande, Giangrande would later go on to score her own goal and the last for UMass for the duration of the game. In the final minutes, Plymouth sealed the game off by a closing goal by Sophomore Sarah Thompson (Hooksett, NH) The final ending at 15-5 Plymouth Victorious.
Plymouth Women’s Lacrosse played again Thursday, April 13, at Salem State, and again Saturday April 15, at Holderness School against Western Connecticut at 9am.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More theclockonline News Articles
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas