Going Green This Spring
So much for April showers, with flowers in bloom and temperatures already reaching 80 degrees, now is the perfect opportunity to give back to the Plymouth environment.
This Sunday, Apr. 22, 2012 marks the anniversary of Earth Day and the environmental movement of 'going green'.
No one's expecting anyone to change the world overnight. However, day by day individuals can and will participate in community-wide events in order to improve our environment just a little more than yesterday.
While the sun is still on our side, pass on the sweatbox car and hop on your long board, skateboard, or bike. The shuttle is also running mandatory routes for the remainder of the year (hello gas money), and don't forget to take advantage of those privileges.
Strap on a pair of rollerblades (helmets recommended for amateurs), or even those fashionable heelys made by Sketchers (no judgment) are eco-friendly.
All together, an effort to improve our environment can make a difference.
Keep your eyes open for some local events that student organizations and local groups are putting on to conserve the Plymouth environment.
- 4/22 PSU Geography and Environmental Planning Club is hosting an Earth Day Skate Park clean up in order to give back to the Plymouth environment
- 4/23 PSU Environmental Fair on the Alumni Green in front of the HUB.
- 4/28 The 5th annual Earth Jam hosted by Common Ground and PSU's Environmental and Social Justice Club will feature solar powered music, fun activities, and environmentally friendly vendors. Fun for the whole family and friends.
- Mobilize PSU is an event that is tallying school or individual acts of green. Make sure to like Mobilize PSU on Facebook to post your green acts.
*Can't attend any of these events but interested in helping out? The Outdoor Center meets on Mondays at 11 a.m. (and 4 p.m. this week) to hold community clean ups around Res North.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Clock News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE CLOCK NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CLOCK NEWS
RECENT THE CLOCK CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!