Going Green This Spring
So much for April showers, with flowers in bloom and temperatures already reaching 80 degrees, now is the perfect opportunity to give back to the Plymouth environment.
This Sunday, Apr. 22, 2012 marks the anniversary of Earth Day and the environmental movement of 'going green'.
No one's expecting anyone to change the world overnight. However, day by day individuals can and will participate in community-wide events in order to improve our environment just a little more than yesterday.
While the sun is still on our side, pass on the sweatbox car and hop on your long board, skateboard, or bike. The shuttle is also running mandatory routes for the remainder of the year (hello gas money), and don't forget to take advantage of those privileges.
Strap on a pair of rollerblades (helmets recommended for amateurs), or even those fashionable heelys made by Sketchers (no judgment) are eco-friendly.
All together, an effort to improve our environment can make a difference.
Keep your eyes open for some local events that student organizations and local groups are putting on to conserve the Plymouth environment.
- 4/22 PSU Geography and Environmental Planning Club is hosting an Earth Day Skate Park clean up in order to give back to the Plymouth environment
- 4/23 PSU Environmental Fair on the Alumni Green in front of the HUB.
- 4/28 The 5th annual Earth Jam hosted by Common Ground and PSU's Environmental and Social Justice Club will feature solar powered music, fun activities, and environmentally friendly vendors. Fun for the whole family and friends.
- Mobilize PSU is an event that is tallying school or individual acts of green. Make sure to like Mobilize PSU on Facebook to post your green acts.
*Can't attend any of these events but interested in helping out? The Outdoor Center meets on Mondays at 11 a.m. (and 4 p.m. this week) to hold community clean ups around Res North.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor