Going Green This Spring
So much for April showers, with flowers in bloom and temperatures already reaching 80 degrees, now is the perfect opportunity to give back to the Plymouth environment.
This Sunday, Apr. 22, 2012 marks the anniversary of Earth Day and the environmental movement of 'going green'.
No one's expecting anyone to change the world overnight. However, day by day individuals can and will participate in community-wide events in order to improve our environment just a little more than yesterday.
While the sun is still on our side, pass on the sweatbox car and hop on your long board, skateboard, or bike. The shuttle is also running mandatory routes for the remainder of the year (hello gas money), and don't forget to take advantage of those privileges.
Strap on a pair of rollerblades (helmets recommended for amateurs), or even those fashionable heelys made by Sketchers (no judgment) are eco-friendly.
All together, an effort to improve our environment can make a difference.
Keep your eyes open for some local events that student organizations and local groups are putting on to conserve the Plymouth environment.
- 4/22 PSU Geography and Environmental Planning Club is hosting an Earth Day Skate Park clean up in order to give back to the Plymouth environment
- 4/23 PSU Environmental Fair on the Alumni Green in front of the HUB.
- 4/28 The 5th annual Earth Jam hosted by Common Ground and PSU's Environmental and Social Justice Club will feature solar powered music, fun activities, and environmentally friendly vendors. Fun for the whole family and friends.
- Mobilize PSU is an event that is tallying school or individual acts of green. Make sure to like Mobilize PSU on Facebook to post your green acts.
*Can't attend any of these events but interested in helping out? The Outdoor Center meets on Mondays at 11 a.m. (and 4 p.m. this week) to hold community clean ups around Res North.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent theclockonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THECLOCKONLINE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THECLOCKONLINE NEWS
RECENT THECLOCKONLINE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists